Environmental principles and policy
As a global citizen, the Ricoh Group is obligation-conscious of environmental conservation. In addition, we strive to honour our environmental responsibilities and concentrate group-wide efforts in environmental conservation activities, implementation of which we believe to be as significant as our business operations.
- Achieve superior targets Complying with laws and regulations as a matter of course, we dutifully fulfill our environmental responsibilities, setting targets that go ahead of those that society currently requires, and by achieving these, create economic value.
- Develop innovative environmental technologies We will take steps to develop and promote innovative environmental technologies that will give increased value to our customers and can be utilized by various people.
- Encourage all employees to participate in environmental activities In all our business activities, we strive for awareness of environmental impact, thereby involving all Ricoh employees in implementing continuous improvements to prevent pollution, and use energy and natural resources more efficiently.
- Be attentive to product lifecycle To provide our products and services, we spare no effort to reduce environmental effects in all stages of the product lifecycle, from procurement, manufacturing, sale, and logistics, to usage, recycling, and disposal.
- Improve employees' environmental awareness We at Ricoh wish each employee to be attentive to a broader range of social issues and mindful of enhancing environmental awareness through proactive learning processes, designed to commit the employee to environmental conservation activities according to his or her responsibility.
- Contribute to society By participating in and supporting environmental conservation activities, we will contribute to creating a sustainable society.
- Optimize communication with stakeholders Ricoh Group will expand its environmental conservation activities with stakeholders. In addition, we will fully communicate and proactively cooperate with our stakeholders to reassure communities of our dependability and commitment to the environment.
Based on its management philosophy, Ricoh established its Environmental Principles in 1992. The Principles clearly show the basic policy and action guidelines that the Group should follow for environmental conservation and represent the Group's commitment to sustainable environmental management, which makes environmental conservation and the creation of economic value compatible.
In the initial version of the Principles, we clearly stated our commitment to environmental conservation for the global environment as one of our priority corporate activities and promised to make efforts towards environmental conservation from the aspects of both business operations and products. In the subsequent revisions* made to reflect the globalization of environmental problems and the progress of our Group's environmental activities, we added our ideas on sustainable environmental management, which makes environmental conservation and business management compatible, and described our commitment to the creation of a sustainable society.
*The Principles were revised in 1998, 2004, and 2008.
- We regard environmental conservation as a mission that we must fulfill as a global corporate citizen. We will set ambitious targets for global environmental conservation and implement them in addition to complying with legal requirements as part of our normal duty.
- We will reduce the environmental impact of our products throughout their lifecycles, including the manufacture of materials and parts and the use and disposal of products.
- We will work to develop innovative environmental technologies for wide use in society and will conduct improvement activities with the participation of all employees.
Environmental policy of Ricoh Vietnam
Ricoh Vietnam is certified the ISO14001 Environmental Management System in 2017. This is a framework to manage environmental programs in a systematic, planned and documented manner as part of the office practices.
Click here to view our Environmental Policy.
Click here to view our ISO 14001-2015 Certificate.